Common faults on computer motherboards?
Common faults on computer motherboards?
The motherboard is a key component of the entire computer and plays a vital role in the computer. If the motherboard fails, it will affect the work of the entire PC system. Let's take a look at the most common faults in the motherboard during use.
Common fault one: no display at boot
There is no display when the computer is turned on. The first thing to check is the BIOS. The motherboard's BIOS stores important hardware data. At the same time, the BIOS is also a relatively vulnerable part of the motherboard. It is extremely vulnerable to damage. Once it is damaged, the system will not run. This type of failure is usually caused by the destruction of the motherboard BIOS by the CIH virus. (Of course, it does not rule out that the motherboard itself is faulty and the system cannot run.). Generally, the data in the hard disk will be completely lost after the BIOS is destroyed by the virus. Therefore, it can be judged whether the BIOS is damaged by detecting whether the data of the hard disk is intact. If the data of the hard disk is intact, there are three reasons for the booting without display:
1. Because there is a problem with the motherboard expansion slot or expansion card, the motherboard does not respond and does not display after plugging in an expansion card such as a sound card.
2. The jumper-free motherboard has a wrong CPU frequency set in CMOS, which may also cause no display failure. For this, just clear the CMOS to solve it. Clear the CMOS jumper is generally near the lithium battery of the motherboard, its default position is generally 1, 2 short circuit, as long as it is changed to 2, 3 short circuit for a few seconds to solve the problem, for the old motherboard if the user can not find To the jumper, just remove the battery, wait until the boot display enters the CMOS settings, then turn it off, and the battery will also go up to the CMOS discharge.
3. If the motherboard does not recognize the memory, the memory is damaged, or the memory does not match, it will cause the display to fail without booting. Some old motherboards are more picky memory. Once plugged in memory that the motherboard does not recognize, the motherboard will not boot, and even some motherboards will not give you any fault prompts (tweets). Of course, sometimes in order to expand the memory to improve system performance, the result is that plugging in different brands and types of memory will also lead to such failures, so you should pay more attention when overhauling.
For the failure of the motherboard BIOS to be destroyed, you can plug in the ISA graphics card to see if there is any display (if prompted, you can follow the prompt steps.) If there is no boot screen, you can make a floppy disk that automatically updates the BIOS. Flash BIOS, but some motherboard BIOS is destroyed, the floppy drive does not work at all, at this time, you can try to solve it with hot plug method (I have tried, as long as the BIOS is the same, can be successfully burned in the same level of the motherboard) record.). However, the use of hot-swap in addition to the need for the same BIOS may also cause damage to some components of the motherboard, so a reliable method is to use the code writer to write the BIOS update file to the BIOS (you can find a computer with this service to solve the problem).
Common fault 2: CMOS settings cannot be saved
This type of fault is generally caused by insufficient battery voltage on the motherboard. This can be replaced, but some motherboards can not solve the problem after replacing the battery. There are two possibilities:
1. Motherboard circuit problem, find professional repair for this.
2. The motherboard CMOS jumper problem, sometimes because the wrong CMOS jumper on the motherboard is set to clear option, or set to an external battery, so that CMOS data can not be saved.
Common fault 3: After the motherboard driver is installed under Windows, the crash occurs or the speed of the optical drive is slow.
This phenomenon sometimes occurs on some brand-name motherboards. After the motherboard driver is installed, restarting the computer does not allow you to enter the Windows 98 desktop in normal mode, and the driver cannot be uninstalled under Windows 98. If this happens, it is recommended to find the latest driver reinstallation, the problem can generally be solved, if it is not, you can only reinstall the system.
Common fault four: the mouse is not available when installing Windows or starting Windows
Software causes for such failures are generally caused by incorrect CMOS settings. There is a modem use IRQ project in the power management bar of the CMOS settings. His options are 3, 4, 5, ..., NA. Generally, its default option is 3, which is set to an interrupt other than 3. Just fine.
Common fault five: the computer crashes frequently, and there will be a crash when performing CMOS settings.
There is a crash in CMOS, usually there is a problem with the motherboard or the CPU. If the fault cannot be solved by pressing the method, then only the motherboard or the CPU is replaced.
This type of failure is usually caused by a problem with the motherboard Cache or poor heat dissipation of the motherboard design. On the 815EP motherboard, it was found that the fault caused by the heat dissipation of the motherboard is not good enough. After the crash, touch the motherboard components around the CPU and find that the temperature is very hot. After replacing the high power fan, the crash is resolved. For faults with Cache problems, you can enter the CMOS settings. After the Cache is disabled, the problem can be solved smoothly. Of course, the speed will definitely be affected after the Cache is disabled.
Common fault six: motherboard COM port or parallel port, IDE port failure
This kind of fault is usually caused by the user plugging and unplugging related hardware. At this time, the user can replace it with a multi-function card, but before the replacement, the COM port and the parallel port must be disabled on the motherboard (some motherboards have IDE ports). It is forbidden to use it normally).