What should I do if the notebook touchpad fails?
Notebook touchpad does not respond to the solution
What are the main reasons for the failure of the notebook touchpad?
1. It may be that the touchpad driver has been damaged or the user has accidentally uninstalled it.
2. The notebook touchpad is turned off. Some notebooks can be turned off by setting them up, so if you accidentally turn off the touchpad, it will naturally cause the touchpad to malfunction.
3. Viruses in the computer.
4. The notebook touchpad has failed (such as water ingress, foreign objects inside, etc.).
General solution for notebook touchpad failure
If this happens suddenly during use, you can do this. First, we try to restart the computer, because some programs run incorrectly, causing memory running errors and temporary touchpad phenomenon. If the problem persists, try it. The following methods:
1. Open Control Panel -> Select Printer and Other Hardware;
2. Click the mouse and select the device setting value in the pop-up mouse property window.
3. Select any of the following two items in the touchpad icon (still icon or active icon), and click OK;
4. At this time, the icon of the touchpad will appear in the tray area in the lower right corner of the desktop. Right click on the icon and select “Touch instead of keystroke”, this will be fine.
If the above method is still not applicable, then first conduct a virus check, use the anti-virus software to scan the computer in full, and do not detect the suspicious virus, you need to focus on the following aspects.
1 First check if the notebook's touchpad function is locked and closed.
If you accidentally operate the computer and accidentally press the touchpad button, the notebook touchpad may be turned off, so when the touchpad is unavailable, you can try to press the Fn+F6 key combination to open the touchpad (note: some notebooks) It may be turned on or off with Fn+F6, but some brand notebooks are different. For details, please refer to the instruction manual of the corresponding brand model notebook, or search for the following information).
2Check if the touchpad driver is normal
You can first uninstall the original touch driver, and try to download the latest touchpad driver. Simpler, you can also install the driver wizard to detect if there is a problem with the driver. If there is any problem, fix it.
If the above method still can't solve the malfunction of the notebook touchpad, then you may want to reinstall the system or restore the system to the factory settings. This is the ultimate solution. If it still can't be solved, then the problem is probably the fault of the touchpad itself, such as water. The internal foreign matter causes the touchpad to be damaged, etc., and it is recommended to take it for repair.